Gary Streeter Post 108 Minutes
10 August 2021
No Joint meeting. Kathy Keller, new President of the Auxiliary. Informed the Commander there will be a potluck on 14 September at 1600; bring your own table service.
• Meeting opened by ritual at 1710.
• Legion members present: 13.
• Roll Call:
• All elected officers present.
• Service Officer vacant.
• Minutes of previous meeting was sent by email. Mike Covell moved to waive the reading of the minutes, approved; Motion by John Moffitt to approve minutes, Doug Keller seconded, approved.
• Guests and New Members:
• Scott Sloat, Social Studies teacher at Arizona Agriculture and Equine Center (AAEC) spoke on the class project known as the Veterans Heritage Project. A student will sit down with a veteran and write down his/her military history, edit it with the veteran, then the life history will be placed in a booklet to be completed no later than December 2021 and in book form by early February. The student then will become known as an author and will be able to sit down with the veteran in person at a celebration in April. Several from Post 108 will be participating.
• Certificates and Recognition:
• Certificates will be presented at potluck. John Moffit will invite those who are to receive the certificate.
• Committee Reports:
• Finance – Checking Account: $2,347.89; Savings Account: $3,195.32; Woodbury Financial: Beginning $25,434.42, Div/Int $179.42; Net Change $136.21; Ending Balance $25,434.42; Ready Cash: Beginning Balance $122.91, Ending Balance: $122.91; Total: $30,772.29. Motion made to accept subject to audit, seconded, approved.
• Membership: 2022 goal is 94 members; we are at 50% paid as of now.
• ALR Report: ALR will vote on changes to By-laws at today’s meeting; Bob Meadowcroft schedules rides, contact him if you want more information
• Web Site – 20 subscribers, 138 hits so far this month, 506 in July for average 621 to Post 108 website this year.
• Fund Raising Report – Hold raffle on items left from horseshoe tournament in Sep; start 50/50; asked to hold off on IHOP fundraiser until covid settles down.
• Horseshoe tournament: we are out of medals; need someone to check on medals for next year; Doug still has mold which should help in cost.
• Flags will go up 6 Sep, Labor Day; 11 Sep, Patriot Day; 17 Sep, POW/MIA Day.
• Sick Call, Relief and Employment: Jeff Riden, Doug Keller, Bob Davis back in VA.
• Post Service Officer’s Report. VACANT.
• Old Business:
• 2021 dues are payable now; pay on-line or pay here; $43 for 2022.
• My Legion is up and running.
• American Legion National Convention – Phoenix, 26 Aug – 2 Sep.
• July District meeting traveling trophy was taken by Post 108; next District meeting October 9, post 93 in Camp Verde.
• District 8 picnic, 18 Sep at Goldwater Lake ticket $6 each, see Commander for parking passes, white elephant items needed for raffle.
• New Business (and correspondence):
• Need a designated person to ask Town to cut weeds on our flag side of Hwy 69.
• The Good of the American Legion:
• Need ideas for project ideas and members willing to head up and members to participate.
• Public Affairs/Relations Officer Needed.
• Service Officer position still open.
• Next Meeting Location and Date: ABC, 14 September 2021.
• Adjourn 1803