Prescott Valley, Arizona
MEETINGS: 2nd Tuesday of the month
Auxiliary 4:00 p.m. - Post/Unit Joint Mtg. 5:00 p.m.
Post: Immediately Following - ALR: 6:00 p.m.
Affordable Burial and Cremation Building at
8939 E. Valley Road, Prc Vly 86314
Gary Streeter Post 108 Minutes
9 February 2021
Legion Members 11,
Auxiliary Members: 8
- Meeting opened by Ritual at 1720.
- Storage Shed will be delivered sometime March.
- Potluck next month at ABC Building; picnic style, bring own dishware and dish to share.
- Auxiliary donated $600 towards the purchase of the shed.
- John Moffit announced the shirts are in.
- Excused Auxiliary
A. Roll Call:
- All elected officers present;
- Service Officer vacant.
- Members present met required quorum.
- Minutes of previous meeting sent by email; moved to accept, as written, by John Moffit, seconded by John Epstein.
C. Introduction of guests, prospective and new members.
- John Stirone, from California, filled out membership papers in January but due to not holding a meeting in January, this is his first meeting.
D. Committee Reports
- Finance Report: Balances on hand: Checking account - $1,012.72; Savings account - $3,192.93; Woodbury Financial - $24,090.20; Ready cash - $134.87; Overall Total - $28,430.72
- Finance Report was moved for approval subject to audit by John Moffitt, seconded by Bob Dorfman; passed.
- Membership: 91 members, to date 90 paid for 2021, for 99% paid for 2021.
- ALR Report: Ron Matthews: there will be more riders joining; there will be a ride in February.
E. Fund Raising Report; 2nd Vice; fund raisers still on hold due to Covid-19.
F. Web Site: Doug Keller: Hits this month, 110; Last month, 568; Fiscal Year 734; Last fiscal year 8949.
G. 2021 Boy’s State, 2021 Oratorical, and BMHS ROTC: No reports.
H. Flags: 15 February 2021, Presidents Day. Church 0645; Dennys 0700. Take flags down at 1600.
I. Sick Call: A 100 year old WWII veteran passed.
J. Post Service Officer’s Report: VACANT (Need Volunteer)
K. Old Business.
- Update on Storage Shed; projected to arrive 2nd week in March; Home Depot will pay for installation of insulation for the shed. Post will install interior walls, as needed, and do other work that needs to be done before using.
- Hour Reporting: 2020-2021 to Date Post 7737 Hours.
- 2021 dues are due. Dues period begins 1 July 2020. Pay on-line or pay at post; $42 for 2021.
L. New Business and Correspondence.
- Department suspended the $1.00 increase effective 1 July 2021 through 2024; Motion by John Moffit and seconded by Doug Keller to keep dues at $42; passed.
M. Good of the Legion.
- Still need members for Sons of the Legion.
- No forth coming information on the Spring conference in Mesa.
- Need ideas for fund raisers. Contact 2nd Vice, Peggy Schmidt.
- Still need Public Relations Officer, Service Officer; Doug Keller will help.
- Next Meeting March 9 at ABC; there will be a pot luck.
Meeting adjourned at 1816
Anita Wulf, Adjutant