How to organize a buddy check
1. Gather up a team if possible to call or personally visit members and former members of the American Legion. If each member in a team of 10 calls just 10 Legionnaires or former Legionnaires, 100 veterans can be reached in one sitting.
2. Visit MyLegion.org for a list of members and former members.
3. Divide up the call list among your team members.
4. Start calling - either from a quiet place inside the post or from your home - to see how the members and former members are doing, ask if they need anything and invite them to an upcoming event or activity such as the American Legion’s birthday or Veterans Day.
5. Thank the member or former member in the beginning and at the end of your call.
6. Have your posts payment procedure at your fingertips if the member or former member wishes to renew, the address to send the check, or offer to stop by in person and pick it up (another opportunity to connect).
7. Leave contact information if no one answers the phone. The veteran may return your call later.
8. https://www.legion.org/membership/buddycheck has sample scripts, FAQ’S, and other pertinent information.
We are back at our old meeting place, which is the Unitend Methodsit Church in Prescott Valley, AZ
ALR: 5:00 p.m.
Post/Unit Joint Mtg.: 6:00 p.m.
Post: Immediately Following
We are beginning to hear from cemeteries about gatherings at funerals. For the time being I'd like for everyone to be proactive about this.
** If you feel even in the slightest bit ill/slight temp/coughing/sneezing/any flu-like symptoms, please STAY HOME.
** We are taking measures to get flag support equipped with hand sanitizer as well as wipes/sprays for the flag poles.
Please use the hand sanitizer and assist the flag captain with disinfecting the flagpoles before putting them away.
** Please maintain a safe distance in the flag lines from one another....at least 5 feet please.
** Ride Captains/flag support....refrain from sign in sheets until further notice. Everyone handling the same pen? NO.
** Do NOT shake hands or fist bump please....for now, let's resort to elbow bumps.
** Should you begin to feel ill after you have been to a mission....anything flu-like....let me know IMMEDIATELY please, then keep me posted on your progress.
** Avoid contact with family members. We may know where most of us have been, but we have zero idea where family members have been especially if they have flown in for funerals.
** Repeating this one, no gathering of hands at Circle of Honor!
** We are all about respect, right? Please respect each other...if hand sanitizer is available, USE IT ! If disinfectant is available, help apply
it. The incubation period is so long with this virus that you may have it and not know it.
There is no panic within this organization, just a responsible position in assisting with prevention of this virus. Thank you all for helping with this.
"No Man Left Behind" does not end on the battlefield.
Arizona Patriot Guard Riders